Announcing BookExpo’s “Introduce an Indie” program in collaboration with SIBA and the ABA
BookExpo delivers a unique and valuable experience where independent booksellers explore the business of bookselling to increase their store’s profitability and community engagement. In order to ensure up and coming booksellers can enjoy this experience BookExpo is collaborating with the regional bookseller associations to bring eighteen new booksellers to BookExpo 2018, May 30-June 1 in NYC.
Winning booksellers must be both an ABA and SIBA member bookstore. They will be treated to a $400 AMEX gift card to pay for travel to BookExpo, a room at the official ABA hotel (The New Yorker) and a custom itinerary of meetings, education sessions and author events.
- Winners will be announced by April 10th.
- BookExpo representatives will contact each regional association’s winners to discuss their individual goals for the show.
What your scholarship to BookExpo includes:
- A $400 AMEX gift card to be used to pay for travel
- A room at the official ABA hotel (The New Yorker) - Room and tax only – incidentals not covered
- A custom itinerary of meetings, education sessions and author events
- A mentor who will share tips and tricks on maximizing the BookExpo experience before, during and after the event
- Each bookseller will receive a complimentary:
- 3-Day badge to BookExpo for access to the exhibit floor and all conference sessions
- Premium ticket to the BookExpo Adult Author Breakfast and Children’s Author Breakfast (one ticket per breakfast)
- Collectible 2-Day BookCon badge for access to the exhibit floor and all panels
- BookExpo will host a reception for the eighteen scholarship recipients in the VIP lounge onsite
- BookExpo leadership staff will provide an onsite overview and tour of BookExpo
- Exclusive opportunity to participate in meetings with executives of top publishers in their booths
- Access to the ABA Lounge featuring a Galley Room, special Autographing Sessions