Get Your Store on the Tour!
SIBA offers you two webinars with Maribeth Pelly, event planner at BookTowne and independent marketing consultant, to make it so!
Want to be a star at Publicists Speed Dating at Book Expo? Want publishers to choose you when they plan author tours? Stand out among your colleagues by signing up for both of these upcoming webinars.
Thursday, April 12 at 2PM: How to Prepare a Press Kit for Your Store. In this webinar you'll learn:
- How to put together a press kit.
- How to improve an existing press kit.
- How to highlight and format your store’s most compelling selling points (and which information to leave out).
For those with existing press kits, Maribeth will offer comprehensive reviews. Fourteen stores will receive a LIVE review of their press kits. The webinar will be recorded so you can share with your staff.
Thursday, May 24 at 2PM: How to Pitch Your Store to Publishers. After you’ve prepared your press kit, learn how to have a productive conversation with publishers, emphasizing how you can support their author tours. In this webinar you'll learn:
- What publishers want to know (and what they don't).
- How to build a successful author event program, even if you haven't had an author yet.
- That store size doesn’t matter!
- Tips for staying on publishers' radar all year long.
Attendees of these webinars are invited to a meet & greet pep talk with Maribeth at Book Expo before Publicists Speed Dating begins.
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a copy of your current press kit. Deadline to register for April 12 webinar is Friday, April 6.