The Binc Foundation can potentially offer booksellers support during a public health emergency. Assistance may be available for the medical expenses of booksellers. Binc may also be able to help booksellers in specific cases where store closure and/or loss of scheduled pay creates a financial hardship for the individual/family.
Binc may be able to help with medical expenses or personal household expenses under the following circumstances:
- If a bookstore employee contracts an illness and cannot go to work.
- If a member of a bookseller’s household contracts an illness and the employee is forced to quarantine themselves to prevent further spread of the virus.
For the events listed below, an official state, county or city Public Health Emergency restricting public interaction must be declared and documented.
- If a bookseller loses more than 50% of their scheduled work hours because residents are told not to go to work.
- If a bookseller loses more than 50% of their scheduled work hours due to a mandatory quarantine.
- If a bookstore loses a significant amount of business due to forced store closure or restrictions on residents’ movement and the store is unable to pay store rent and/or utility expenses, Binc may be able to help.
Contact Binc by email email@example.com or phone 866-733-9064.