Reader Meet Writer Virtual Author Events for May
If you haven't signed up to participate in Reader Meet Writer Virtual Author Events, you can do so by simply emailing email@example.com.
Join this list of bookstores and choose from this list of events to present to your customers. Stores are handling the events as they would handle their own virtual events. Some are selling the book as the ticket to attend. Some are selling tickets for a flat rate that can then be used as a credit towards the book or any purchase from the store. Each store determines how they want to use the events to assist in selling more books. It is our hope that we are offering stores an easy way to sell books without the headache of managing a new tool.
When asked "Are you pleased with the outcome?", a resounding YES from participating booksellers:
- "Yes! It came together very quickly for us and we're delighted that people joined in and bought some books. Thank you for putting this together."
- "Yes - this was an opportunity to have an author event at a time when we otherwise could not at all."
- "Yes-- I was super late in getting the word out so this was more than I'd hoped. I'd ordered 2 in for the store and they might not have sold without this. I sold those 2 locally, did one Direct-to-Home shipment and 1 on Bookshop."
- "Yes, it attracted some readers that haven't attended our events in the past."
- "Very pleased. Excited to participate again soon."
- "Yes. We had I believe 86 RSVPs, but it looks like only 2/3 or so actually attended the event. 17 books in less than 24 hours for an online event is nothing to turn up our noses at! Some of these customers also purchased other books in their orders."
- "Yes. My customers loved the chance to hear from such a beloved author!"
- "Yes! Normally I sell ZERO hardcover debuts."
Last, and most important, only 18 of the current 60 participating bookstore have completed the events survey. This is a really important final step. We need the data to carry this program forward. Please complete this form for each event. Thanks!